Friday, November 12, 2010

Homework

For Bennett's homework this week he had to draw a picture of an animal that started with "s" and then write the word. He knew how to spell snake and asked me why it had an "e" at the end, but you couldn't hear it. I explained the silent "e" rule, which he seemed to understand. Look at Thursdays homework and see how he spelled sheep. He did this all by himself and then came and told me that he used the silent "e" rule to make the long "e" sound in "sheeeeeeeep". He is to smart!
On Tuesday he had to draw a picture of a food that started with the "s" sound. He immediately said salmon. I was impressed that he thought of it so quickly and also that he loves salmon so much. He was drawing his picture while I was making dinner. I was expecting to see a picture of a fish when I checked and was surprised to see a salmon fillet on a dish. I love the kids spell of "samun".
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Bennett,
    Thank you for sharing your school work with me. I look every day to see what you have done and I've missed seeing all of your great work. You are getting so smart. Your writing is terrific. I love your art work! That is one great pig. I love you Bennett.
    Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett,
    That is some great work!! I love that Duck! I love when you share all of your fantstic work with me....makes me happy! Love You

    ReplyDelete